Alright all, the fondant daisy video tutorial is here!
I love the fondant daisy because it can make plain old cupcakes look like rockstars, which in turn, make you look like a rock star. Who would have known they are actually pretty simple to make?
Plus, fondant and gum paste reminds me of my play dough days. And who doesn’t love feeling like a kid again?
These daisies don’t stop at cupcake decor. They can go on cakes or just about anything edible – use your imagination!
When it comes to these daisies you can use either fondant and/or gum paste. The difference is gum paste will dry much quicker, so if you are a beginner use a mixture of half of each to allow you some time to create the daisy.
Click below to see my money saving tips on supplies needed to make the fondant daisy.
Here are the Wilton supplies I used in the video:
- Fondant roller with pink rubber bands
- purple foam
- Veining tool
- Fondant ball tool
- Daisy cutters (big and small)
- Practice board (to keep gum paste daisies from drying out)
- duster bag with 1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs powder sugar
- Impression board (used to make yellow center of daisy)
- Bowl (for flower to dry in)
- Wilton brush for gluing the daisies
So Where can you save some money if you don’t have all this?
- Duster bag. Use a coffee filter and a rubber band if you don’t have a duster bag.
- Impression board. Roll a pinky sized piece of yellow fondant in a small ball and use a pasta strainer to make the impression. You don’t need an impression board for that.
- Wilton brush. Buy a few paint brushes from the craft store when they are on clearance and label them just for cake decorating. These are just as good as the Wilton ones (sometimes even better).
- Practice board. You don’t HAVE to have one of these, just put plastic wrap over your gum paste and fondant when you are not working with it.
- Bowls for drying daisies. I have used cupcake holders in the past (unfold them a bit so they just have a slight upward angle) for drying daises and they worked great.
Hope that helps! Let me know how it works!